This year, more so than others, has dashed by so fast. I can’t believe that Friday brings Christmas Eve!! It feels like a minute ago, I was sitting down with friends and family at Christmas dinner in 2009.
So much happened this year, that it is hard to put it all into perspective!! The list is long and varied, but all of it is outstanding. The highlights were:
– Travelling to Cuba for the first time in February
– Discovering this thing called, “Twitter” in late February or early March
– Living through the shining moment that was the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Games!! Who wasn’t proud to be a Canadian in February?? What moment does this song, I Believe, by Nikki Yanofsky, bring back for you?? Was it a skier winning Gold?? A speed skater winning Gold?? A figure skater overcoming personal loss and attempting to shine on the world stage in her home country?? A hockey team winning Gold?? A curling team turning the world onto a game that we already knew, “rocked”??
– April and beyond were filled with Tweetups, new friends and a chance to discover the world of food and excitement that is right here in Southern Ontario, Toronto and Hamilton.
– July was the opportunity to go to San Francisco and see the baseball team that would win the World Series (The San Francisco Giants), play on their home turf. Something that I had wanted to do for a long time. Being in San Francisco for a second visit was fantastic and I have to thank the people at Klout and Virgin America, for providing free trips to so many people in Toronto, Los Angeles and San Francisco this summer (#vxtoronto)
– August took me to Bristol, Tennesse for the NASCAR Night Race, which was another item on the “Bucket List”!! Seeing the 1/2 mile track and “hearing” the noise of the place was something I will never forget!! I also had the opportunity to visit Nashville for the first time and it was AWESOME!! It is my kind of town, at least the downtown area, for sure!!
– October was a family vacation with my mom and sister (and others), to Tennessee (again)!! Takes years to get somewhere and then within 3 months, I am there twice!! A return visit to Nashville was in order, seeing that I was so close!!
All in all, that is just a glimpse of all the things that happened in 2010. The people and the places I visited were all awesome. The conversations at each event were outstanding!! I would not trade any moment of 2010 and I hope that 2011 is even better!! There is so much more of the world to see and so much more to explore!!
I am looking forward to sitting down with my friends and family again at the end of this week and smiling about the year that was 2010 and celebrating the time that we get to share with each other!!
Happy Christmas Everyone!! All the best to you and your friends and family!!